It was a day like any other, I woke up this morning and put a stew together in my beloved crock pot. Around 11:00 I was going to run an errand, so I packed up Charley and was walking out the door and realized my darling hubbie took the car with Charley's car seat in it to work today, a little upset, I came back in the house and began to clean the kitchen. I sat Charley in his high chair on top of the counter and began loading the dishwasher. I had started laundry and was cleaning the kitchen when I smelled a stinky smell, something burning. I turned to the counter where Charley was sitting and playing in his high chair just in time to see the cord to the crock pot catching fire. I screamed and grabbed Charley, high chair and all and put him on the floor. I then grabbed my dish towel and beat the fire out, thank goodness it was small enough that I could beat it out. The cord on the crock pot is melted and fried, Charley is fine and dandy, and now Santa has to bring me a new crock pot for Christmas. I cannot live without one.
Reflecting on this near catastrophe, I thanked our Heavenly Father for me being at home and not at Wal-mart where I had planned to go earlier. I can only imagine what my home would have looked like had I not been here. Many people lose their homes to fires and I am so thankful I am not one. It would have been a very sad Christmas for the Beltz family.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Close Call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Definately a God thing! Glad everyone is safe and sound! Yay for a new crock pot!!
Post a Comment