
This weekend we took our international students downtown to see the OKC Memorial Museum and eat in Bricktown. The Haddox bunch joined us for some fun as well. Although the museum was sad to see because it reminded us how cruel people can really be, we had a nice time. I really enjoyed eating at Falcone's, a pizzeria known for their New York style pizza. I also liked walking through downtown, the riverwalk is very nice. The rain actually stayed away for us to enjoy the outdoors, but as we were leaving little sprinkles started to fall.
This week the students have finals and get ready to leave this great nation and go back home. Lisa will be headed to Austria, Ai to Korea and then Japan and Ha will be going back to Korea. I have really loved every one of them and will truly miss them. They even gave me a little gift as their host mom, it was a gift certificate to Red Robin, one of the restaurants I tool them to while here in the U.S. I pray for safe travels and that they all three know how much they are loved.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Saying Goodbye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment