Katie loved the camel ride
Charley and the kangaroo have a stare down
Last weekend Cory was supposed to go to Bristol Motor Speedway to see a NASCAR race but was cancelled because his friend got the flu. Poor Joe, but the Beltz Bunch got to go on a special weekend get away to Nickerson, Kansas. On our way there we stopped in Hutchinson to show Katie where her Daddy grew up and went to school. We ate at Cory's favorite place, Roy's Pit BBQ and visited the Cosmosphere, a Space Museum. We also went to Yoder, an Amish community that has the best little restaurant in town. We ate their famous cinnamon rolls. They were celebrating their Heritage Day with a parade. It was so interesting to see the Amish families and I told Cory I was ready to convert to a much more simpler way of life although filled with a lot of hard work. A little town that had a little bed and breakfast with exotic animals living there. We stayed in the Birds of Paradise room. It was so nice. Despite the stinky smell outside where the animals lived, the house was very nice. Our room even had a hot tub in it. Katie loved it. Charley loved the pot bellied pig and Katie fell in love with the kangaroos and looked forward to feeding them both days. Kangaroos are very soft and I had never been that close to one and touched it before I loved Hugo the giraffe, that almost gave me a kiss, he came very close. It was a fun and exciting weekend getaway. You need to go sometime.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Hedrick's Bed and Breakfast and Exotic Animal Farm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Addison and I have been to the Bed and Breakfast/Exotic Animal Farm!!!! About 5 years ago a friend was passing through from Arizona to Nebraska and we met her there! It was so much fun, stinky, yet fun!!!!!!! This is such a Beltz kind of thing and place to go ... I love you guys!!!
Simple things. I like it. We have recently started to mill our own wheat and make all our bread products...the health beneifts are AMAZING. You should go to www.breadbeckers.com and send off for a free cd. It is crazy what all this little change does. And it is SO fun!
I want to go to a bed and breakfast! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment