Friday, September 18, 2009

Amen!

We have not done a whole lot the past few weeks due to the down pour of rain. Our yard looks like a jungle and we need to mow badly. Maybe tomorrow Cory can mow on his day off. We are now hosting four international students for the semester Ai (Japanese girl), Young (Korean guy), Yun (Korean girl) and Hana (Korean girl). I am looking forward to the fun we are going to have every Friday night. Katie is excited too, Ai has been teaching her how to make origami.
I had to let everyone know what Charley has been up to. At lunch today over hot dog and green beans, we were praying. Charley folded his little hands and slightly cocked his head blessed his food in his jibber jabber and afterwards raised his head and very clearly said "AMEN!" I was amazed. He is 21 months old today. He is talking more and more every day. Some of the few words we understand are: Mommy, daddy, out (telling our dog Molly to go outside), No no, uh-oh, I do (meaning he wants whatever you have), ahhh-be (we think means happy), beep beep, and toot toot. Those are the ones that come to mind. He will also do things for you like get a diaper, help mommy (mixing things), carry groceries and he can jump. I love this age and stage, although I am not looking forward to the "terrible twos", I think he will be a classic terrible two because he can already throw a fit. He must get that from his daddy after all I was a perfect child. We are having so much fun being parents. Katie is very independent and so helpful. God blessed me with a sweet baby girl that is growing up too fast. She loves her brother so much and helps me keep him entertained. I have found that if you give Charley a job to do like putting the diapers in a sack or dusting the furniture, he stays out of trouble. He is so busy and wants to help in any way.

0 comments: