Turns out that I do have Gestational Diabetes. After many tears, I have come to accept it. I had to go to my diabetes education class today. After almost 2 hours, I feel that I may be able to do this after all. I first learned how to prick my finger and after four attempts, I finally got it. I kept moving my finger away anticipating the prick. I have to prick myself four times a day. We then went over the diet plan. I had no idea that carbs played such a huge roll in diabetes. I have to limit them in order to keep my blood sugar at the right level. Carbs are in a lot of things I am finding out. My weakness is potatoes, I crave them all the time. I do not even care if anything is on the baked potatoe. The dietician is helping me limit my carbs and eat more proteins. Just wanted to give you all an update!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh no...I'm so sorry. But just think! You'll get a Charley for all this! yay!!!
Oh....I'm sorry!! It'll be okay, though. You don't have much longer to go. By the way, just a tip, when you stick yourself, just stick the side of your fingertip. Never stick the middle. Stick over by your fingernail, not like right next to it, but, on the very side of your finger. People say it doesn't hurt as bad. I have to stick people all day at work for their glucose. You may find an easier and less painful way to do it, but our patients say this is WAY less painful. The end result of all this will be THE best!! Luv ya!!
Post a Comment