I have always been a dog lover, but there is a breed of dogs that completely terrifies me. That is the Pitt Bull. I love the neighborhood and new home that I live in, but I am neighbors with a dog that terrifies me. I do not care if its owner tells me that she is friendly and would never harm me. I saw first hand last night how scary that dog really can be. It was about 9:00 last night and I was coming home from visiting a friend in the hospital and as I was getting out of my car when I hear barking. I look up to see my neighbor's dog charging for me and the car. I quickly shut the door terrified for my life and the dog jumps up the door barking very loudly showing me scary teeth. I am making eye contact with it and yelling at it to go home but it will not quit. I call Cory from my cell and he comes to our front door and when Cory opens the door the dog charges toward him. We are both trapped at this point. Cory goes inside and opens the garage door so that I may be able to run into the garage. I assess the situation and decide to make a run for the door through the garage as Cory distracts the dog. As I am running I hear the dog barking and it sounds as though it is right behind me, in my panic I fall down on top of my pregnant belly, skinning my knee and hitting my head. I am screaming for Cory to get the door to the house open because it had closed and was locked. He opens it and I am crying hysterically about my baby and hurting all over. I could hardly breathe. If I had it to do all over again, I would call the police or honk my horn until the neighbor came out of the house. I will be keeping a close eye on this dog and if it is out roaming around like I have seen in the past I will be calling the authorities. I will not mess around when it comes to protecting my children.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I bet that was scarey!! That owner shouldn't have had it out like that.
We used to have a pit bull. We had to get rid of him, because he used our fence as a chew toy....literally. One board at a time. With pits, it depends on how they are raised and handled. If they have a sweet family and are taken care of (starting at a young age), then they are usually great dogs. We have a neighbor across the street that have 2. They are THE best and sweetest dogs ever. He lets them out to use the bathroom and they do not step foot out of their yard. They have never turned on anybody.
You do need to be careful, though....with that one. He or she sounds mean.
Oh my goodness! You're right, call the police or dog catcher if that ever happens again. Have you talked to your neighbor yet?
Are you and Charley good? Falls aren't so great this far along!
Dang neighbor! Get a stun gun and keep it in your car. Then next time, stun the poo out of that beast and giggle as it lay writhing on the driveway...hehehe
I like Stephanie's idea.
I am late getting on here, I am so sorry that happened!!! That was the night you came to see us wasn't it??
Shamra
Post a Comment