Sunday, December 23, 2007

Charley Is Here!!!






Now that I am feeling a little more human, I can update you all on our newest member. Charley Edward Beltz was born Dec. 18, 2007 at 2:23am weighing 8lbs even and was 19-1/4" long. So much for the planned c-section. I went into labor Monday night around 8:30 pm and Cory and I began timing the contractions starting at 7 minutes apart. I told Cory that we needed to go to the hospital then , but worried it would be just another false alarm he insisted that we wait until 5 minutes apart like the Dr. said. We rushed to the ER and by 2 am I was 2 minutes a part and dilated to a 5. They rushed me into the OR and performed the c-section. I loved the anesthesiologist, this time my spinal worked and he made all the pain go away. When Katie was born it had worn off and I could feel everything. We are all home and Mimi and Papa are spoiling Charley, Katie and me to death. Adam, Jen and the girls came to for the shortest visit ever, but they just had to see Charley and I am glad they came. We just had our well check up at 5 days old and Charley is great. The nurse said he gets the prize for the most weight gain. Katie is the proud big sister and "the baby hog" she does not let anyone else hold him very long before she is asking them to give him back. It is pretty cute! She is also very helpful and is quite the little momma herself.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was so good to see you and your precious family! Charley is adorable!! Hope to see you guys more often now that you can travel. Love you!

Stephanie said...

He is beautiful! And look at those hands! He may just be tall like his sister and Daddy huh?!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious! I love him!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling "human" ... Charley couldn't look anymore like you - no matter what anyone says!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Beltz Family! Maybe one day we will get to see you guys and meet Mr. Charley. Jake and Nick look forward to playing with him and "showing him the ropes." Hope everyone is doing well.

Love,
The Rippee's

Anonymous said...

Amanda, he is beautiful!! I wanna see him in person!! See....no scarey complications whatsoever!!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we know Charley is here!! We need an update on y'all.....please!!!