Saturday, January 12, 2008

Family of 4!






So it has been a while since my last post. I believe I have fully recovered from my c-section now and can update you on the family. We are all adjusting nicely to our newest addition. Charley will be 1 month on Tuesday, and it has flown by. Last week, I made it to Wal-Mart with my two beautiful children and it was a little tricky. I pumped a bottle just in case Charley decided he was hungry while we were there. Guess what? He got hungry. I fed him while we shopped. Kinda hard to drive a cart and feed a bottle at the same time, but I managed.

On Monday, Katie wanted to ride her bike after school and feeling a little ambitious, I decided to take Charley out in the stroller while she rode her bike to the park. As we were coming home, Katie decided to have a complete melt down because she was having a hard time riding her bike up hill. She wanted me to push her up the hill as I was pushing the stroller. I did not want to do that so I kept encouraging her that she could do it but her crying began to get louder and her frustration was being heard around the block. We finally get home and still frustrated, she tells me that she wants "Mommy time" without Charley. " He is always with you." she says through her tears. I felt really bad and have decided that I need to make a conscience effort to spend one on one time with her. Last night I took her to see High School Musical on stage and left Charley with 2 bottles for Daddy. Daddy survived and Katie and I had a blast! Tonight we will all be going to a hockey game. My first real outing with the whole family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Amanda!! Charley is so cute. Who does he look like, though? I can't figure it out. Is he a good baby?

Katie will get used to him being around all of the time. But you and her do need to have girl time together. I bet she loved High School Musical.

Let us know how the hockey game went.

Anonymous said...

We had two kids & made Ok. Just hang in there. I miss & love you all. PAPA

Jennifer said...

Charley's changing looks already! He's still a cutie!

Stephanie said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Is that Don I see or Adam? It is one of them!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

You moms are amazing! Seriously. I don't know how you do it. I would never be able to leave the house. I think I would just hold my baby and sit on my couch staring at him all day. Lol.

Anonymous said...

Look at this angel! This the first I have seen of him! He is so cute, you know how Katie gave me all the combinations that he could look like but I cannot pin point it, he really does look like all three of you!