Monday, April 21, 2008

Coconut Cream Cake




I am going to be making a cake for a bridal shower and decided to practice making it since I have never made a coconut cream cake before. What better time to do it than when you have company over. This past weekend when everyone was here for Charley's baby dedication, Adam and Jen helped me make it. It was so much fun working in the kitchen and chatting with the two of them. I had never made anything with stiff egg whites but Jen had so she knew what to look for. Adam even gave me some tips he learned in high school home ec. I remembered his awesome cake he made back then. He beat all the girls in the class with that cake. I never took home ec, just stupid ag, like when will I ever use the knowledge of good welds. I was the best welder in the class. What was I thinking????? Anyhoo, the coconut cream cake was delicious, now Adam and Jen you need to come back this weekend for the bridal shower and help me make the cake again. Love you guys!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

The cake was YUM YUM!!!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

It looks pretty scrumptious. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cake!! It looks yummy!! Well, I take that back......I'm not a fan of coconut. No offense or anything. I'm sure if I did like it that it would be yummy.

Charley is getting so big, by the way. I WANT TO SEE HIM!! SOON!! Please.