It seems as though we are going to have to get a new air conditioner for our house. Ours died a few days ago and I was told yesterday by the repairman that we need a new one. Ours is 22 years old, the original. He said it has got a lot of use because a normal life span is 15-20 years. I said great, but we have not lived here a year yet. He gave us a price quote of 4923.00 or 5354.00, thousands of dollars. I wanted to cry, I know we do not have that kind of money laying around. Now let me tell you how God has worked this out.
When we bought our home, we dedicated it to God. We are going to use it as God's house, that is for small groups and soon to be house church. Our home is always open to our friends and family. Whatever God tells us to do with our home, we are obedient to do it. My dear friend Shannon needed me to watch her daughter in November and in an email I was telling her I would love to babysit Jaycee while she was going to Houston for Chris and Christina's missionary commission service. As I was writing, God told me to ask for prayer from Shannon about my A/C dilemma. Now, Shannon is my friend who was also my closer on my house. She calls me and says I have a homeowners warranty, good for 6 more days. I totally forgot about it and so did Cory. So I call the warranty provider and they send out a contractor to see what we need. He says we need a new unit too. I find out today that our new A/C will be here this week. So, we will not be out the thousands of dollars, just a couple hundred for non-covered cost. God is sooo good.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Keeping Our Cool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Yay!! I was just about to ask about that...we had to use out home warranty on the first house we bought for an AC. Praise the Lord!! And exciting. Now you get super efficiency for just a couple hundred dollars!
Post a Comment