


We had such a nice time last week visiting family in the Show Me state, Missouri. We spent some time with Cory's brother Dan and his family (Sue, Emma, Caleb and Issac)Cory called the 5 kiddos "The Peanut Gang" Katie and Emma would be leading the group with Caleb and Issac following behind and poor Charley would be crawling behind them. At one point, Issac, who will be 2 in March, started crawling with Charley, I guess he did not want Charley to feel left out. They are in the process of leaving to be missionaries, we will sure miss them. We also had a short visit with Cory's dad, Bill. He was very happy to see the grandkids.
We left Dan and Sue's to visit Deidrea and the Farney kids (Dylan, Regan, and Mylie), I cannot believe that in a few short weeks, Dylan will be 13. I remember when he was Charley's age. We never saw the girls because they were off playing the entire time we were there, but I did see them when it was time to leave. They are growing up too fast.
We spent Thanksgiving day and the weekend with Nana and Pa, and Millie and Steve. Nana made a wonderful feast and we all enjoyed it, Charley loved her sweet potatoes. I enjoyed her homemade rolls. She made it an extra special holiday for us. She showed me her many quilt projects, and they were beautiful. My favorite is the quilt she makes from an idea she has in her mind, it is not made from a pattern, just an idea she has. Those are extra special to see. She is making me a Christmas one and I got to see part of it. I absolutely love it. We got to visit Grandma Gable on the farm and Katie loved the barn cats. She stayed outside with them the whole time we were there. Uncle Leon let her bring home an old horseshoe and she added it to her collection. We woke up Sunday with snow on the ground, it was so pretty.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Thanksgiving in Missouri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Grandma Gable looks like she was enjoying Charley!
Post a Comment