Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

We had a great time at our friends house playing Wii while waiting for midnight to come so we could wish everyone a Happy New Year. Unfortunately, Charley and I fell fast asleep around 9:30 in her guest bedroom and missed all the excitement. We took a La Baguette cake over for Katie's birthday and for those of you that are not locals, that is the best bakery in town. Katie decided that since she was going to be 8, a fancy cake instead of a kid character cake would be better. All of the adults agreed. I cannot believe she is 8. I have a very funny story to share about Katie, her friend had given her her phone number and Katie wanted to call her, so I give her the phone and she goes to dial it. I later hear "MOM, I need some help." being yelled from the living room so I go to see what it is she needs. She says " I cannot find the "dash" button on the phone", I giggle and say "What dash?" She shows me the piece of paper where the phone number is pointing to the dash. I say, "You do not need a dash on the phone, that is just the way we write it on paper." How cute is that?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Funny story! What flavor of cake did you get? I bet it was super yummy!