Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance 2009



This was Katie's fourth annual Daddy Daughter Dance. It is a sweetheart dance for daddys and daughters to attend. Our college friend Glennan and his daughter Taylor went with them to the dance. I am only told what goes on there. This year Cory and Katie said there was food,chicken strips and lots of chocolates. Katie said she drank 2 cokes and ate alot of M&Ms. Cory was so sweet, he brought me home a diet coke. He has no idea how good it made me feel when he brought home a little something for his loving wife.
I can only imagine what prom will be like, I had bought a beautiful dress this fall for Katie to wear to the dance, yes it was on clearance and was a last season dress. Katie loved it at the time, but on the day of the dance, I got it out and Katie said that she did not like it and wanted to wear her favorite dress instead. It was the dress she wore last year to the dance, I just about flipped out. I explained in my not so nice voice that she would look funny in the picture, because I have the year to year pictures of the dance so she would be wearing the same dress in two of them. She said she did not care but mommy sure did. I gave up after realizing it was supposed to be a fun experience for both mommy and Katie and she wore her favorite dress instead. Looking back on it now, I laugh at myself for even arguing with Katie, I am not her sister, I am her mother. I have found myself arguing with Katie lately over the silliest things, what is it about age 8 that she no longer thinks my way is the better way. I guess I need to just let go of my baby and let her make decisions for herself and if it does not work out, she will learn from it. However, I am not ready to let go. She is growing up way too fast and I miss Baby Katie and those chubby cheeks.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

The dance is a special thing that Cory and Katie get to do together every year. I wish we had something like that around here for Shelby and Adam.

Your hair is CUTE!

And I thought the arguments started at 13!