Cory took me and the kiddos to my mom and dad's for Katie's spring break. We had a lot of fun just relaxing. We went to the Rattlesnake Roundup. Yes, in west Texas there is an event where they collect all the rattlesnakes in the area and have a big festival to educate the community. There were hundreds of snakes there. They milked them (got their venom), skinned them, showed them and fried them to eat them. I took some pictures for you to see what we saw. There were some teen age girls skinning the snakes. Did you know that the snake is still squirming when they are skinning them even thought they are dead and the head is cut off? YUCK! They even had a Miss Snake Charmer contest/beauty pageant. We got to hear the talent winner sing while we looked at all the snakes. It was very loud with all the rattling going on. Katie loved looking at all the snakes but said it really stunk in there. It was very stinky in the arena.
I had forgotten what a quiet small town was like. No one was in a hurry, no traffic except at the local drive through burrito shop, and everybody knows your name. It was a nice change of pace for me. Mimi took the kids to the Kiddie Park which is a lot different than when I went as a kid. Charley and Katie loved to swing. Charley loved going down the slide and climbing on everything there. Mimi got him an ice cream cone on the way home and he ate the entire thing. We laughed so much and enjoyed every minute with Mimi and Papa. We went to visit my Aunt Vinita and Granny too. Katie tried on her flower girl dress for Cousin Jen's wedding that Vinita made her. It was beautiful. Now I need to get Charley's tux and we will be all set. Granny is doing very good these days and it was so nice to see them both. My aunt even gave me some beautiful jewelry she got from eBay. She is always getting the best stuff from eBay and at the best prices. I really felt loved on during my visit. By the way Vinita, I have got many compliments on my necklace and earrings. Thanks so much!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Spring Break in West Texas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Did you have to show pictures of the snakes? Ewwwww! Gives me the willies. Sounds like you had fun. Too bad I couldn't catch up with you guys! But I'll see you in May!
Post a Comment