This 4th of July was spent in St. Louis Missouri and Illinois.
The cousins, top row is Luke, on couch is Caleb, Adam, Nora, Emma, Isaac, Katie and in the wagon is Charley and Jack
We started the trip off with a stay at the warehouse that Grandpa Bill and Grandma Shirley are turning into their home and a storage for NICE. It was huge and reminded Cory and me of Midwest Trophy. They had made it feel more like home by making the upstairs with guest quarters and a bathroom and shower. However, Charley did manage to tumble down the stairs and make mommy a nervous wreck. I look forward to visiting when Charley is older and a little less adventurous. We got to see Dan, Sue, Emma, Caleb and Issaac. We helped them stuff letters for their fund raising efforts so they can go to Costa Rica as missionaries.
Doug, Lee, Nora, Adam and Jack also came to visit and Charley and Jack loved riding the pull cart all over the warehouse. They even went to visit the older folks at the assisted living home across the street. Charley told them all about his tumble down the stairs and adventures at the warehouse. Gina and Luke were also there with us. Luke turned 13!!! He is such a sweet boy, even though he has turned into a teenager, I could still see the baby Luke I loved to hold and cuddle.
We left the warehouse to go to Grandma Beltz's birthday party. She was celebrating her 90th birthday. I enjoyed watching Grandma and her children along with some grandchildren singing old hymns.
I also enjoyed watching Regan and Mylie perform in the talent show. They are very talented violinists. The cake that Glen and Elke made was delicious and I am sure it was beautiful too, but I got there after everyone had eaten a piece.
Charley and Maddie at Grandma's Birthday party
Cory has a huge family and I got to see many cousins.
On our way home, we stopped to see Grandma Gable. She was feeling weak so we had to visit her in her room while she laid in her bed. It was a nice visit. We then took the kiddos to Mill Creek so Charley could throw rocks in the creek.
He loved it and then he wanted to walk in the water and splash. Katie did too. She was sitting on the edge of the bridge and getting the water out of her shoes when she dropped a shoe in the creek, the current was running so fast that the shoe took off down stream and we could not catch it. I told her to drop the other shoe in and we would buy new shoes for her so she did. It was a wonderful trip but I am glad to be home.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
July 4th and Grandma Beltz turns 90
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Those are great pics! Looks like you guys had a really fun time! Charley had a smile on his face in all the pictures so it looked like he had fun too. Poor Katie...at least she got some new shoes!
Post a Comment