Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Train Expo





We went to Grandpa Bill's house and had a wonderful visit. His little town of Highland, IL. had a Christmas parade complete with a band and lighting of the town square. They gave out free cocoa and cookies. It was so sweet and reminded me the small town I grew up in. Mom and Dad would take us around the square to look at lights on Christmas and by the time we got back, Santa had left our gifts for us. Very sneaky! I loved visiting Grandpa Bill's town.
The next morning Grandpa took us to a wonderful cafe for breakfast. The pancakes were huge! After breakfast, we went to a train expo. It was displays of trains and vendors with many great Christmas toys to sell. Charley loved it and was so excited to see one set of model trains complete with Thomas the tank engine. He was glued to it. I loved the Lego display, it was amazing and took one exhibitor 6 hours to build. WOW! I took a picture of the NASCAR display for my dad. I really enjoyed the one that showed a tornado coming out of the sky and the damage. It was very detailed. After the train show, Cory took us to Spaghetti Warehouse where we ate our dinner next to the trolley cart. Charley loved it.

0 comments: