Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Days and Science Fun



Katie has missed 4 days of school due to the awful snow and ice storm we had. The ice was very bad and kept us cooped up in our house for a while. We even lost power for a few hours and had to make baked potatoes in the fire place and roast hot dogs for dinner because we did not have electricity for a while. It eventually came back on and I was very happy. Katie had so much fun making the potatoes with her daddy and loved not having power. We played board games and cards. I am ready for spring and the groundhog saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter. YUCK!
Yesterday Katie and I did a little science experiment. We made yeast blow up a balloon. Then we made homemade pizzas and ate them. Yummy! Katie had so much fun and loves science so much. She has always been a child to ask questions and want to know why something works a certain way, very inquisitive. She is her daddy's girl for sure.

0 comments: