We took advantage of the $1.00 entry to the fair last night. We had so much fun with our friends from church. Of course all of our money was spent on the food. You can get just about anything on a stick, for example, deep fried mashed potatoes on a stick, deep fried mac and cheese on a stick and even pizza on a stick. All of those things sounded gross to me. I did, however, share an indian taco and roasted corn on the cob with Cory. I shared a jug of rootbeer with Katie and she ate her own corn. Cory and Katie went to the candy booth to fill a basket with all kinds of candy. When they got to the check out, they ended up spending $14.00 on a bag of candy. Cory said it was worth it because they had so much fun picking out the candy and he got to show Katie some candy he ate as a child.
Katie loved the animals at the fair. She was sad when we had to leave the petting zoo. In the Agcropolis building she got to see a vet spay a dog and decided maybe being a vet would not be so much fun. She loved the baby pigs that were born earlier this month.
We took a trip down carnie row and Katie won 2 stuffed animals. I wore my sunglasses so they would not make eye contact with me. I have a fear of carnival people. They call you names and beg you to play their games, I hate it. Cory just laughs at them along with Katie who wants to play every game.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Fall is here and so is the State Fair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've never heard of mac & cheese on a stick! I bet Shelby would love it!
I am pressuring Cam to take us to the State Fair in Dallas, and you know, Texas things are so much bigger and better! ;) hahaha This year they have fried cookie dough. hmmm...
That sounds like so much fun!! You wear sunglasses huh? Good idea. Those people give me the heebie jeebies too.
I feel the same way about the "carnival people". They are so annoying. I don't even play any of their stupid games just because of them. They're weird and annoying at the same time. I'm sure I sound like a snob.....but I'm serious. They always yell at me.
Post a Comment