
I was so excited to be spending Thanksgiving with friends this year, I could not wait, but what drama could possibly dampen my spirits? Cory catching the worst virus I have ever seen.
We did get to participate in the Korean Thanksgiving at Charlie and Michelle's which was a lot of fun. I have loaded pictures of Cory frying the turkey and the Koreans being told what was for dinner. They had never eaten any of that before. They were so polite and would only get little spoonfuls of the food first. When I asked one of them why she was doing that she replied with I want to see if I like it first without being wasteful. If she liked something she would then go back for more.
From Monday on, Cory was in bed, delirious, and in pain. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he was told it was a virus. I have to say that it only got worse from there. He ran a fever most of the week with headaches, dizziness, and nausea. He could not go to Christina's for Thanksgiving. He wanted Katie and me to go and have fun, so we did. Later that day I get a text message to come home because he is hungry so I did thinking yeah he has got his appetite back this is a good sign. So, I go home and I made him something to eat. He took a couple of bites and was sick all over again. I was getting both aggravated and tired of the drama in our house with everything that has been going on with us lately gestational diabetes, dog issues, Charley now getting too much fluid, and now Cory being so sick. I just wanted to scream. I went to Katie's room since my room was now contaminated with germs and began to pray. I had been praying all week for Cory to get well, but this time it was for my sanity. Which the Lord did provide. Saturday comes and Cory is still sick, I am now not only exhausted but feeling sick myself. Katie was getting bored out of her mind and pestering us to do something fun, so Cory calls our dear friend Shannon. Shannon agrees to take Katie for the afternoon so she can play with Samuel and boy was that relief. Cory and I went to our separate rooms and slept. We woke up feeling a little better. Shannon brings Katie home and agrees to take her to church the next day. What a friend! Thanks Shannon for your help. Sunday afternoon Cory and I begin feeling a lot better and are on the road to full recovery. Cory is still week but made it to work and I think this virus is behind us now. I have spent today disinfecting our home. I have even managed to get out a little Christmas decorations. I hope Christmas will be better, what am I saying, of course it will, baby Charley will be here!


2 comments:
Looks like y'all struggled through the holidays. I'm glad you are all feeling better!
Those viruses are miserable!! I feel for y'all. I'm glad you guys are feeling better. We missed y'all!!
Post a Comment