Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving Week

So let me tell you a little story. I was feeling a little blue because I was not going to get to see any family for Thanksgiving this year because I am only a few short weeks away from my due date and I was not going to fix a big meal for just my little family. I am just too pooped these days. I was feeling a little mad, sad, and just plain envious of everyone that was getting together at my aunt's house for Thanksgiving and to top it all off Josh (my favorite soldier) was going to be there. How I would love to see him and give him one gigantic hug and tell him how proud I am. Anyway, I decided instead of feeling sorry for myself I would spend some time in prayer over the matter and see what God had planned for me. So I prayed. A few days later, my friend Christina asked me what we were doing for Thanksgiving this year and I told her nothing this year because we had to stay put. She then asked me if we would want to join her family this year. I said absolutely, and told her how excited I was to get to share in their Thanksgiving festivities. The only thing I have to bring is Cory's famous fried turkey, I did not have to cook. So Thursday we will be with Christina and her family. I will take lots of pictures!
My friend Michelle asked if we would join them on Monday night for a Korean Thanksgiving dinner. She wanted her Korean students to experience an American Thanksgiving dinner and I said sure. Her only request was for Cory to fry a turkey. Ha! Ha! once again I do not have to cook. By the way, Cory will be frying 3 turkeys this year.
So as it turns out, I will be joining two different families this year for a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner. God really does answer prayers, even the little ones. Once again, He went above and beyond anything I could imagine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We WILL miss you and your family. We'll see you before you know it though--even little Charley! Love you! Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

We will all miss you guys!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We'll take plenty of pictures for you. Charley will be here before you know it. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you will be surrounded by love even though you can't be with us! Happy Turkey Day! We will miss you!

Stephanie said...

Ahhhh...don't you just get the warm fuzzies when you realize how much He spoils us?!!