Friday, February 1, 2008

Scared Silly

Nothing has really been going on here at the Beltz home. Charley continues to grow every day and I just noticed that a 6 month old little girl at our church is the same size as my six week old son. I have a gigantic baby. Katie is doing well in school and now takes the 2nd grade Spelling test with 20 words double what the other first graders do. She gets to go to enrichment classes too so she does not get bored in class. She loves school, especially merry-go-round day.
Here is something that happened to me earlier this week that I think will make you laugh. I was running late to Bible study and finally getting Charley and Katie into the car to leave when I realize I forgot my Bible. I had remembered my 2 kids, diaper bag with all the essentials, food I was to bring to the group, pumped a bottle and managed to get dressed nice complete with pretty hair and makeup. Those of you with more than one kiddo, I do not see how you do it. I feel like I am going nuts most days. Anyway so I go to get my Bible. As I go to open the kitchen door, guess who is standing there? Cory!!!! He was supposed to be at work or already at the Bible study, not in my doorway. I let out the loudest scream and throw my arms out. I had already been a little freaked out that day because the garage door had been opening all by itself. He begins talking really loud not quite a yell but loud because I had scared him. He had gone to the house where we were having Bible study and saw that I was not there and it was getting late. He thought something had happened so he came home to check it out. So he pulls up to the house and the garage door is still down. He comes into an empty house with lights off and goes to check the garage to see if the car was still there. He did not expect to greet me at the kitchen door. Anyway, we started laughing and got in the car together as a family and went to Bible Study.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sure you two had a good laugh!
I always knew Katie was a smarty pants!
What's Merry Go Round day?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what is Merry Go Round day?
That is too funny about you and Cory. You did good just remembering the kids.
Wow!! Katie's really smart.....that doesn't suprise me. She has always seemed like THE smart one in the family.
Hey, I wanna see some recent pics of ALL of you guys....please!!
I wanna see how big this boy really is!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what is Merry Go Round day?
That is too funny about you and Cory. You did good just remembering the kids.
Wow!! Katie's really smart.....that doesn't suprise me. She has always seemed like THE smart one in the family.
Hey, I wanna see some recent pics of ALL of you guys....please!!
I wanna see how big this boy really is!! ;)