Friday, November 14, 2008

Sick Baby

I love this time of year for the holidays and the family get togethers, but I absolutely hate the time of year for the crud, flu, and sickies. Charley got his first dose of the crud about two weeks ago and we have been battling it ever since. I broke down and took him to the doctor this week and she said that all I could give him was some TLC, there were no drugs she could give him now since the FDA has taken steps to remove cold medicines out there for children under the age of two. When Charley saw the doctor he had a runny nose, cough, diarrhea and had been running a low grade fever. Last night he spiked a fever of 103.4 and scared me to death. He was fussy and had the runny nose, he had not had the diarrhea in a few days. Earlier that day he was crawling and just laid down on the floor like he was wanting to go to sleep. Last night he took the pillow off the couch and put it on the floor and went to sleep. This is so not like him, he usually is on the go from the time he wakes up. It breaks my heart to see him this way and know I cannot do anything about it except love him, pray for him and give him Tylenol for the fever every four hours. I have also been trying to get plenty of fluids down him. I am so tired and day dream of 8 consecutive hours of sleep and hope that comes soon. I am also sore due to Charley being completely weaned from the breast and now my supply is backed up. I have been taking a lot of ibuprophren and packing my bra with cabbage leaves to relieve the pain. So I am very stinky, Cory says I smell like a fart. Today is a tough day if you cannot already tell.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

a fart huh? that wasn't very nice :)