Monday, July 20, 2009

Ingrid's Kitchen


After enjoying a nice hike outdoors, Saturday afternoon, my family went to Ingrid's Kitchen for lunch. Ingrid’s specializes in a variety of German foods and dishes. Their official name is Ingrid’s Kitchen – European and American Bakery and Delicatessen/Restaurant. It is my favorite place to go. Saturday afternoon, from noon til 2pm a live band plays for your enjoyment. This week, the band was white haired men playing some real oldies, my favorite song "On The Sunny Side of the Street" by Louis Armstrong. They even have a little dance floor so if you feel like dancing you can. Charley loved the saxophone and the banjo player. He also loved watching the older couples really dancing and having a great time. I know that will be Cory and me one day. There was one man sporting his navy cap and dancing with all the ladies in the place, at one point one lady had to leave for a minute, but that did not stop him, he grabbed another lady and kept dancing. So sweet!
Cory and I ordered the Bratwurst and Schnitzel plate. It came with saurkraut, german potato salad, cabbage cooked in beet juice and cloves, and bread. I loved it, I am a fan of schnitzel. Katie had the grilled cheese, she does not like to try new foods. We also got a dessert called Nuessecken, a shortbread cookie with a filling in the middle (kinda like cream cheese)Cory eats lunch there during the week sometimes and brings me home a streusel. This was my first time to eat there and it is definitely a place I would like to visit again sometime.
We left Ingrid's and went to the Asian Market to buy some Korean BBQ marinade and to just look around at all the amazing Asian cuisine. There were tanks with crabs and other sea life. I loved looking at the live sea weed in containers of water and wondering what in the world they did with it. The smell kinda got to me but reminded me of the days I worked at a manufacturing company and the sweet Vietnamese women would warm up their food in the break room and cause a funky smell to spread its way through the building. I do not miss those days! Glad to change smelly diapers instead.
So that was our day around the globe, what an amazing world we live in with so many different kinds of people and all are God's beloved children.

3 comments:

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Potatoes and sausages...yummy! I would so be there!

Seaweed is soooo good for you! The best multivitamin ever is Body Balance, a sea vegetation drink.

I buy seaweed when I make sushi or dried seaweed for miso soup. Thyroid friendly. :) I don't know that I could stand the swamp-like smell of live seaweed, though. Ick.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Miss you all. Love PaPa

Adam Davis said...

Meat & tatters....Yum! As far as the seaweed goes...no thanks, I don't eat weeds. I'm not an old goat yet!